Friday 6 October 2023

Farm Hall next week

 

I've been enjoying an elevated amount of visits to the Yvonne Arnaud theatre in Guildford recently.  After all, when you have the luxury of living in a 15 minute city town it's a shame not to make use of the facilities.  This week I've been to the ballet to see Swan Lake and Giselle on successive nights, presented by the "Classical Ballet and Opera House" company. 

Next week is something that plays more directly to my professional interests:  Farm Hall, a play set in the closing days of the Second World War when German nuclear physicists had been rounded up and interned at a house near Cambridge and left to associate with each other while their conversations were listened in to in order to see what could be learned about the German nuclear bomb project.

The play got good write-ups from it's run in London, and I'm looking forward to seeing it next week.  If any readers are in the vicinity of Guildford, there are plenty of tickets left:  Please come along and support me having a great theatre within walking distance of my house :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment