Friday 20 October 2023

Daydream Nation

 I saw a couple of days ago that the album Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth was celebrating its 35th anniversary, having been released on 18th Oct 1988.  The Wikipedia page points out that it is considered to be "one of the greatest albums of all time" and it is certainly one that I have enjoyed over the last 35 years.  Though the band has now split up, I got to see them many times over the years, with the last time being when they played Daydream Nation in full at the Roundhouse in London.  Band member Thurston Moore has written his memoirs which are due out next month, and I think I will enjoy reading them, though I usually find a lot of music writing unbearably pretentious as a genre.  Fingers crossed for that, and happy birthday Daydream Nation.  Here's the most famous song from the album, Teenage Riot


No comments:

Post a Comment