Tuesday 10 May 2022

Flamin' Groovies

Hot on the heels of my visit to London to see the Divine Comedy, I went to another gig on Saturday.  This time it was at the 100 Club on Oxford St, to see the Flamin' Groovies.  I took my Dad, as a birthday present for him.  I had looked through the listings for bands I thought he might want to see.  I had heard of The Flamin' Groovies, but didn't really know them, and my Dad had not heard of them, but they've been around since the late 60's, and the idea of going to the 100 Club, where my Dad used to go around half a century ago to listen to jazz, decided us in favour of this being the birthday present.  My Dad and I have a combined age of 122, but it certianly wasn't the kind of gig where either of us felt particularly old or out of place.  At one point, though, the lead singer did say he needed to pause and catch his breath, and that he was 74 ("youngster" my 75yo Dad muttered).  Despite their age, the band rocked pretty hard!



No comments:

Post a Comment