Tuesday 18 July 2023

Car fire in Guildford

 I am working from home today, and during a break I took for lunch I went for a walk through the town centre in Guildford.  I was just heading back to home when I noticed a big plume of black smoke coming from somehere in the centre of town.  It turned out to be a raging fire on Bridge St, which as I got closer looked like a car fire.  Perhaps it was foolish to walk towards it, but I saw a crowd already assembled, and a police cordon to keep people at what I suppose was deemed a safe distance.  I guess the police have ample experience with car fires and how explosive they can be.  

I hope that no-one was trapped inside, as the car was fully engulfed and looked quite ruined by the time I got there - which was at least long enough after it started for the police to have arrived and cordoned off the road.  As a modern spectator with a cameraphone, I took a photo, below.  



No comments:

Post a Comment