Thursday 4 May 2023

A trip to Strathclyde

    Yesterday I took a (slightly gruelling) day trip to the University of Strathclyde to have a brainstorming meeting with Andrew Daley, Callum Duncan.  Joining us were some colleagues I work with down in these parts, and Chris Hooley from St Andrews.  It was a fun and, I think, productive day, with some concrete plans for how to push forward a research project we've been talking about for while through some sporadic online meetings.  

     It was my first visit to the University of Strathclyde - well, more or less.  Part of the University campus is a garden which is the site of demolished maternity hospital where I was born.  An archway of the building is preserved, and I stood there yesterday to have my picture taken, so you can see what remains of the building.



No comments:

Post a Comment