Monday 14 November 2022

My new oldest cited paper

 Through Google Scholar, I have come across the fact that someone has cited what is my first scientific article, which I had practically forgotten:  It is a conference proceeding from a conference on fission that my UK PhD supervisor went to (but I didn't) and where she presented my work.  As it was co-written with my US co-supervisor who worked at a national laboratory, it was filed with an official document number of Oak Ridge National Lab, and has since been uploaded to a US government research archive here.  

Somehow, someone has seen this paper, and has begun citing it as an example of the use of stochastic mean fields methods in quantum chemistry, which it is not.  The citing articles that Google Scholar has picked up are here, and the do seem perfectly genuine in the sense that it is really my article that is being cited, albeit for what appear to the wrong reasons.  Here's a screenshot of the citation to my paper, nestled between two citations which I think are much more on-topic for the citing article.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment