Friday 12 August 2022

Happy 100th Citation

 Thanks to the algorithmic wonders of Google Scholar, I get sent an email every few days with updates on wheter people are finding my past research interesting, through citing my papers.  Today I got an email with details of three new citations, including something I'd not noticed in these emails before - an extra addition of highlighted text saying "100th citation".  This means that according to Google Scholar my student Phil's paper with me and his other co-supervisor Arnau, "Fission dynamics within time-dependent Hartree-Fock: Defomration-induced fission", has been cited 100 times.  

For my field, 100 citations is pretty good.  In other fields it would not be considered great, but I can at least feel like the work I am doing is making some impact.  According, again, to Google Scholar it joins a mere 8 other papers I have (co-)written to break the 100 citations mark.

Happy 100th Citeversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment