Friday 27 May 2016

Kashmir Art Tree

While here at Kashmir University to teach a course in theoretical nuclear physics, I saw a news story on the BBC news website about a fallen plane tree on the campus of the University which is being used as a canvas for art students.  What else is one supposed to do, then, but try to find the tree.  The campus is not very large and I walked around to look for it.  It turns out to be around 100m from the guest house where I am staying, close to the art faculty building.

I found a group of art students hanging out by the tree, and chatted to them about the project.  They knew that it had somehow made the BBC News website and told me that it had become a bit of a tourist attraction.  When the project was over, they said, the tree would return to nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment