Tuesday 26 March 2024

New isotopes project website

For some years Michael Thoennessen at Michigan State University has developed and curated a database of isotope discovery - i.e. when, where, how and by whom was each isotope of each element discovered.   He has just emailed out about a revamp of the website with new design and new features. The site is here

 One of the new features (at least, I think this is new) is that you can search discoveries on various fields.  I tried searching for my name ("P. D. Stevenson") and lo and behold you can find the four isotopes that I "helped" discover.  By helped, I mean I was coauthor on the discovery paper, as I contributed to the theoretical analysis.  I didn't set foot in the lab where the experiment actually took place.

Here is the copy-and-paste of the results table:

Search results:found 4 isotopes

In the table below click on an isotope symbol for more information about its discovery. When quoting the abstracts please cite the abstract as: “FRIB Nuclear Data Group, Discovery of Nuclides Project, https://doi.org/10.11578/frib/2279152”.
Newly discovered isotopes will be included after the references are entered in the NSR database.
IsotopeFirst AuthorLabCountryYearReference
155TaR. D. PageJyväskyläFinland20072007PA27
157WL. BiancoJyväskyläFinland20102010BI03
159ReD. T. JossJyväskyläFinland20062006JO10
161OsL. BiancoJyväskyläFinland20102010BI03

 

No comments:

Post a Comment