Tuesday 18 December 2018

Blogger and Google+ comments

Back when I started this blog the main two choices of platform were Blogger or WordPress.  I probably chose the wrong option in going for Blogger, but okay.  

Then Blogger, owned by google, had the option of having its comments managed by Google+.  I'd had a few issues with comments so I thought "why not?".  Again, probably the wrong choice.  Now Google+ is about to be retired, and I am wondering about turning off the "manage comments with google+" option on the blog.  Presumably this will be turned off by force in a few months.  That means all the comments made in the last 6 years or so will be lost, which would be a bit of a disaster.  

Do any readers know of plans to migrate Google+ comments to Blogger comments?  I haven't been able to find anything out by searching with any well-known search engines.

edit: Having tried to search for more information about this, I realise that the way I'd had it set up meant that only users of Google+ were able to leave comments on the blog.  Oh.  That's not what I wanted these last 6 years.  I've just switched off the Google+ link.  Comment away, non-Google+ folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment