Sunday 17 February 2013

Am I funny?

Hello.  I seem to have been on a bit of a hiatus.  Sorry!  bit busy preparing various things, though with my full teaching load compressed into the first semester, I now face more time to indulge in activities like blogging.  I note that my last entry was penned the day after taking part in the fifth Guildford Bright Club.  The results are now online, and I append my set below.  Not as funny as my first, last year, I don't think, but I'm happy enough with it.

I also notice, looking back at recent entries, that I mentioned my attempt to get my name in lights, or print, by winning the prize crossword in the Independent on Saturday.  I was again disappointed yesterday to see that I hadn't won, though fellow physics blogger Peter Coles again won an identical dictionary to the others he has collected.  One day it will be mine...  Not 100% convinced that it will be via this week's crossword, though.  It's a bit fiendish, and by a new setter.  I've not finished it yet, but am about to take a cup of Lapsang Souchong tea to bed, and see if I can polish it off.  I might at least get an honorable mention in Alan Connor's Guardian Crossword blog tomorrow.  Each week he asks for a clue to a word, and more often than not I submit something.  I'm not sure my entry last week was brilliant, but it at least has a good few recommendations from fellow blog-readers via the graun's equivalent of the like/+1 system.


No comments:

Post a Comment