Tuesday 22 January 2013

Boundary conditions, marking, music and the prize crossword.

Hello.  Here are a few disjointed things:

I don't exactly intend to turn this blog in to a pastiche of any other famous physics blogs but still, I do want to mention that I sent off the solution to the Saturday Independent crossword today to see if I might win the prize for solving it.  Not that I particularly lack dictionaries, which are the prize, but more for the kudos.  The funny thing about this Saturday's crossword was that it didn't have the usual π rotation symmetry.  This was quite disturbing.  I expect there was a clever reason why not.  Indeed, there was a sort-of anarchic theme to the crossword, which I didn't really understand, so I probably missed something, though I think I got all the clues correct.

I had a nice email from one of my PhD students to point out that we had a paper published today, on boundary conditions in solutions of the time-dependent Schroedinger equation.  I'll try to make a proper post about that soon to explain what it all means.

On Thursday I'll be appearing at Guildford Bright Club doing a stand-up comedy set.  Thanks to a quick run-through yesterday, I know I have plenty of preparation still to do, but I think it'll be pretty good, so come to Bar Des Arts in Guildford this Thursday to check it out if you're free

Finally, I don't exactly intend to turn this blog in to a pastiche of any other famous physics blogs but still, I was listening to Radio 3 while doing some marking earlier, and came across a bizarrely wonderful piece of organ music.  There's a recording of it by the composer, which is a joy to watch, so I attach it here:

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your online shopping sites, suits for women, cheap wedding dresses blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete